One of the important capabilities offered by Miracle Studio is Migrate Apps. Located under Manage, it allows form users to copy (i.e. migrate) the components of one app to another.
With the Migrate Apps feature, you can:
- Establish Isolated Environments - Creating three separate environments (Dev, Stage, and Prod) is one of the best practices of app development. With the Migrate Apps feature, you can easily move forms and components between all three instances.
- Reuse Application Components - You can reuse the pages, connectors, notifications, and settings of one app by migrating them in another. This saves form designers' time and allows them to be productive while tackling other tasks.
In this article, you will discover how you can migrate your apps in Miracle Studio.
Step 1 - Choose the Source Application
Once you login to Miracle Studio, select the Source Application (i.e. the app you wish to copy from) by clicking on its name below the + New Mobile App button.
Step 2 - Choose the Target Application
Now that can be selecting a Source Application, you can begin the migration process with the following steps:
- Click on Migrate Apps under Manage.
- Under Target Application, click on the red arrow next to Select Application and choose one of the applications from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Show Details button above the Target Application to see the list of all the components in both apps.
Step 3 - Select Which Components to Migrate
To pick the assets, forms, connectors, and setting you to wish to migrate, use these steps.
- To select a component of a Source Application which you want to migrate into Target Application, simply check the box associated with it.
- Click on the button Select for Migration (depicted below).
Step 4 - Finalize Migration
You will be directed to another screen before finally migrating components. This screen compares both apps and indicates items to be migrated with the following tags:
- Add - This label is for items that are available in the Source app, but do not exist in the Target app. These items will be added to the Target app as-is.
- Identical - Items that are completely identical in the Source app and Target app will appear with this label. Migrating components with the Identical label will not make a difference in the Target App.
- Update - This label will appear with components available in both apps, but where the Source app has the newer version. Upon migration, the components in the Target app will be updated.
Below is an example of each of these labels.
You can go back to make further changes to the components you plan on migrating. If you are sure about your choices, click on Migrate Now on the top of the page.
Watch How It's Done
This video explains how to Migrate an application.
Need more help? Contact us at email@example.com.